Thread: What a travisty
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
n2q0_matrix
Contributor
Corporal

Re: What a travisty

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
You pay taxes because you take advantage of services that could only exist through the collective effort of society. You have clean, running water, cheap electricity, relative safety due to law enforcement, and secure borders thanks to a national military and diplomatic service. All of these things are the direct result of people working together, either directly building and maintaining these services, or financing them through their taxes.

If you don't want to pay taxes, it's actually very easy. Just stop doing any business within society. Find some nice national park or some other vast area of wilderness and live off of the land. If you stop participating in society, and your obligation to society ends.
If anyone did any of the above, they would be thrown in a cage. There is no opt-out feature. And this is what makes it involuntary.

I never mentioned anything about not participating in society, voluntarily. I would rather a free market supply those things instead of a monolithic corrupt entity we are enslaved to. Just because there have been great advancements in this world before I was born, does not enslave me to them, or give me the Right to take them. Using the above logic you mentioned, it would. Everyone has the Right to exist, so what gives one the Right to take from another? This has yet to be rationalized.

All of these things you mention can and were done without coercion and the direct threat of violence. We have done well in spite of the government meddling, not because of it.

The idea that we "need" to pay taxes in order to freely associate and interact in a mutually beneficial way is unsupported. Lots of people claim this, yet it is simply not true and unfounded. We did it before the government got involved...or did your government forced education forget to teach you that?

One thing everyone must remember here is that any government is simply a group of people. Not some magical parental entity....just people. So government is simply a concept, an intangible, a structure of power. You take that away and all you have is a small group of people telling the others what they can and cannot do. Well, what gives that small group that authority in a "free" society?

At core of it, people just want what they want and don't care too much about how they get it. If we have to steal, or hurt, or whatever...it's justified and the way it should be if the end result is accomplished. Everyone wants to think and feel they are a good and just person...but are they, when you really start to scrutinize what we advocate, support, and/or implement?

It is time to move forward, to move on to the next iteration of societal interaction. One that is actually voluntary, free, and supports the concept of Individual Rights. Doing it the same way and expecting things to get better is insane.

Question everything. Challenge everything.

Guns should be used for protection, not control.

When the Constitution was written, talking about Freedom, Equality, etc...we still did not have Equal Rights for woman and we still had slavery. Cognitive Dissonance...Men should be FREE...unless you are a owned...wait what?

Now, there was a movement to end slavery at that time, and some slave owners did just that. Granted it was very premature as slavery would not come to an end in America for a long time. Why? Because the mass of the populace was unwilling to give up what they wanted even when it flew in the face of what they believed and wanted for themselves. They wanted free labor, but also wanted to be free from their tyrannical monarchy. Willing to look the other way, or worse justify, the fact that they were in fact tyrants to others. Directly or indirectly via support of the system. The elimination of slavery in America only came about once most of the people were willing to see the hypocrisy and supported ending it.

Anyone see a pattern yet? The ideas I am speaking about are very premature as the mass of the populace is not there yet. But it is inevitable. Humans want/need to be free. I just want to see it in my lifetime, although not likely. Not until more are willing to face the absurdity and contradictions of the current systems.