Thread: What a travisty
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
n2q0_matrix
Contributor
Corporal

Re: What a travisty

Originally Posted by ChargerCarl View Post
Really, its yours? what about all the infrastructure (not just physical) laid down by other men, past and present, which enabled you to amass your wealth? wheres the morality in you not paying the share society deems fair?

Honestly, do you libertarian types actually think you'd rise to the top in the type of society you advocate?

umm you know you can leave right?

First, I shouldn't have to leave anywhere in order to be free, I was not born a slave to anyone or group. Either you support Individual Rights, or you don't.

Society is nothing more than a collection of individuals. The whole does not get to dictate to the individual....IF..you support Individual Rights.

Also, it isn't about this notion of "your fair share". I am not asking for everything to be provided to me that is non voluntary. And again, just because it was there before I was born does not mean I must pay for it. Furthermore, who is this "society" that does the deeming?

As for rising to the top, that is subjective. Any intelligent sociopath can rise to the top of the government. Can you do it and still embody morals? Smaller group when you look at it that way. Financial success, yes many of us are libertarian minded. Many don't speak out because they feel it is futile to debate with those that cannot understand. But for me, it isn't about being at the top or better than others, it is about living my life as I see fit....because I own me...it is my life. The best life I can live is the one I create for myself.

I know what it is to be poor. I know what it is to be well off. I have lived in both worlds.