PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - US election system. Is the US really a democracy, or a duocracy?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
Saifoda
Sergeant Major

Re: US election system. Is the US really a democracy, or a duocracy?

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Only in modern society could someone be labeled anarchist for hating the concept of money.
Anarchy is predicated upon the existence of society, and societies beyond small paleolithic tribes have only ever existed by the use and understanding of money. Money is not the paper and coins you have in your wallet, nor is it the digits "in" your bank account; that is currency. Money is the agreement between two or more parties that a given asset, tangible or otherwise, has value. And value is the assignment by individuals of said assets (and I use that term loosely) as something to be desired.

EDIT: So when you say "modern" society, yes I agree with you, but I think in a different understanding than most would assume; modern, in this particular case and in my opinion, is from about 10,000 ish years ago when flint knives were first used as a medium of exchange for goods and services between mostly nomadic tribes and some established "societies" (i.e. egypt).

Last edited by Saifoda; 2012-07-11 at 02:42 PM.