PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS Code of Honor Pact
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-26, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

Originally Posted by GodlessHeretic View Post
NO. To all of this. Chivalry is dead in Planetside. Play the game as it is, or go play something else.
It's exactly that kind of rationale that killed off the player-base last year. Instead of avoiding use of the Wasp, players purposely went out of their way to use and abuse it, pissing off what little population was left of the game and inevitably turning it into a ghost town once again.

Mouser said it well:

Originally Posted by Mightymouser View Post
...Since we can't rely on the dev's to alter the game mechanics to prevent lameass gameplay, we have to police ourselves...

Yes, chivalry is dead; you can be ass big a douche-bag asshat as you want, but if PS1's few remaining players choose to do so, they'll shortly be playing with themselves.
As I said in the OP, I don't expect this list to deter players from going about playing like douchebags. On the contrary, it might entice players to do otherwise. My hope however, is that it will sway enough players to at least take part in some of the points on this list and uphold some crude level of "honor" in the game and that those incidents where people are being unruly are few and far between so that they don't drive away any of the population.

Everyone coming back to this game in April obviously wants to play it and presumably wants it to last. That "I'll play however I feel like!" business won't fly. There's few enough players coming back as it is; You'll have to be accommodating for them if expect them to stay around.

Of course, nothing is stopping you from playing however you want. But don't expect people to stick around when you purposely go out of your way to ruin the game for them.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON