PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS Code of Honor Pact
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-28, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Mightymouser
Master Sergeant

Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

Yea I do remember the funeral bombing Mad, and I also remember the near universal outcry from the community towards it. That was the point for many in the PS1 community where Buzzcut and the Enclave lost all respect and were shown for the attention whore, asshat, egomaniacal twats they are...

Actually, now that you bring it up, I think that incident is a good analogy for this thread too...

The guys who organized that funeral were not attempting to invoke a moment of silence and serenity upon the battle field of Auraxis, they weren't trying to lay down a requirement for all players to have a sense of eHonour and show deference to their fallen comrade. They were instead having a service for a dear friend who had deeply enjoyed the game and spent a great deal of time playing it with them. They were choosing to honor his memory in a fashion they felt appropriate to commemorate the time they'd spent together.

The organizers did not attempt to insist anyone show up, or that the dev's halt all activity, or in any way impede anyone else's ability to play the game; they were simply setting up a service to honor their friend. Buzzcut and his twat friends took objection to that and decided to bomb it for laughs, and to show they could, and in doing so did a great disservice to their fellow players and marked themselves as total and complete jackasses.

Similarly, D2A's proposing a Code of Honor here that is "obviously, a voluntary list of mostly general guidelines". He is in no way insisting that people follow this list, nor is he trying to enforce it in any way. The point he is making is that there are things players can do in PS1 which in general make the game less enjoyable to play for others, and that if players keep doing that the populations will quickly plummet, because it won't be fun to play the game against asshats.

Godless' response of "Play the game as it is, or go play something else." Is exactly the mentality that D2A is pointing out is destructive to the game. That idea that players should consider only their own fun, and not give two fucks about anyone elses'... Obviously (as D2A points out), anyone can choose to take that view, but they do so at the peril of the game they're deriving their own fun from...

As to what kind of rebuttal I'm looking for, I'm not necessarily looking for any rebuttal, but Godless' repeated references to his walls of text would imply he has one and is just cagily refusing to share it with us...

Last edited by Mightymouser; 2014-03-28 at 06:20 PM.