PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit

You know what would be nice is if resources had a soft cap, not a hard cap.

Like the more resources you have, the more of a diminish you will have on your return. So you never stop being able to hoard resources, it's just that after a certain amount it becomes pointless because you are getting next to nothing, while if you just spent some of them you would earn them back in no time.

What that would allow is for miserly players to always try to stay in that sweet spot of still earning resources at a decent pace to keep up with their low spending, while always having a large stock of resources on hand for an emergency.

I'm all for having different ways of doing as many things as possible, and if the resource system could partially accommodate both thrifty players who mostly hoarded their resources as well as big spenders who pretty much spent them all the moment they earned them, I think it would only add to the games depth and broad appeal.

Just so long as there WAS a well balanced cap, because yes, there absolutely needs to be one.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-04-18 at 09:21 AM.