PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Will your desktop/laptop run PS2? ***Ask here***
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

Re: Will your desktop/laptop run PS2? ***Ask here***

i'll have to look at home what my new rig is specifically but it's incredibly stable for most stuff imo. never crashed once playing bf3 surprisingly so should be able to handle this i'm hoping.
8 core amd bulldozer 3.6.....stock speed and fan atm i know i'm lazy never upgraded. originally purchased a zalman fan but had issues with it and just returned it. thing was such a pain in the arse to mount to the mb i said f this and sent back lol. probably just get a water cooler eventually and go nuts on this if we get a beta launch date i might look into dropping one of those on prior to launch.
think i only got a 1 gig ati card atm but i forget the model # if i upgrade anything probably just be my vid card.
16 gig of ram currently should be enough >.>
2 - 1 TB 7200 spin seagates....never got ssd cause i just thought they were stupid overpriced atm and i currently don't really pc game much at least not til ps2 beta happens.

figure i'll roll with what i got til beta happens and see if there is anything i can tweak to make it run better after beta launch.

i always run ubuntu 10.10 linux unless i play bf3 atm just fyi. although i've had to manually configure the dual nic in that version of ubuntu anytime i update my os lol. just one of those quirks. if i get a ssd drive though i will probably drop win7 and planetside 2 beta on that and then dual boot and test drive the new version of mint or ubuntu. i pretty much avoid windows anymore like the plague unless i need it. my laptop is a mac book pro bout 2 years old now running logic pro....all i use that for is recording cause the apps are much more stable and easy to use. pc sucks for recording audio from my experience.

Last edited by Exmortius; 2012-06-12 at 11:30 AM.