PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Supreme Court takes gun case that will test reach of 2nd Amendment
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-01, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Re: Supreme Court takes gun case that will test reach of 2nd Amendment

I went to school in Plattsburgh, NY. A small, almost important town in true upstate New York. A couple years before I attended, there was a shooting. A drunk 17 year old kid was trying to force his way into someone elses home (probably not realizing it wasn't his house), and when the confronted him, he shot him. The kid ended up dead. For the longest time, it was deemed to be self-defense. The kid was on his property, but while I was in school the family, of the kid, somehow had the case reopened as a homicide. I couldn't believe it.

I feel bad that this kid died, at 17 years old. But, this man had a right to protect himself, his family, and his property. I'm sure the kid meant no harm, but mistakes occur, and it cost him his life.

I have a 30-30 in my room, and a 12 gauge shotgun in the other bedroom. Plus an assortment of knives for which to cut, not only my hands accidently, but to slice and dice anyone who decides to enter my apartment illegally.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot