PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Things I didn't like about PS...
View Single Post
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-08, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Things I didn't like about PS...

Originally Posted by MorphyNOR View Post
1. BFR's and MAX suits. Too overpowered/crowded. Basically there were far too many of these people around when I played.
BFRs not in. MAX suits were overpopulated due to cert point expansion, but still it's a class decision in PS2.

MAX are important for the indoor dynamic and for AV to be meaningful useful. It creates combined arms indoors and forces players to make decisions about which weapon types they're using, rewards teamwork, and opens up new tactical options and richer gameplay. Basically indoor tanks. Lots of ways to curb the population issue.

2. Flight ceiling, AA and HORRIBLE 'aircraft' physics. Hopeless as I am I still loved the mossie and reaver. But I always found it annoying that it felt mostly like flying a 3D version of Asteroids.
Physics is supposedly much better, new engine, etc. Still needs to be a flight ceiling, though i'd be nice to see it raised a little.

3. No one-shot sniping of anything besides Infils. Same with knife. Sniper and knife should be one-shot weapons if you want a serious fight. Otherwise its just another lolfps.
Agree with you there in terms of infantry weaponry, especially knives, but vehicles are another story. Tank shells, bombs, and getting run over should definitely be instantly fatal to infantry. All of those you should see coming and can take steps to protect yourself from doing.

4. Boring maps and graphics. This will obviously be improved. But meh - its my list anyway :P
Yeah gotta raise the stakes with eye candy looking as good as it does these days.

5. Weak MMO-feeling. PS was advertised as a MMO-RPG-FPS back in the day. But in reality it was more like a Persistently online FPS. Yes, there is a difference between the two
I didn't ever see it advertised with the acronym "RPG". It was a persistent world with hundreds of players competing over the same territory at the same time that was completely free-form on where you wanted to go and what you wanted to do. If that doesn't scream "MMO" I dont know what does.