PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO?
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-09, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Whiteagle
Major

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
I'm dubious of the idea that an ANT would ever be able to get into a besieged base. I don't know how things worked in PS1, but in PS2 most zergs are armor zergs. I don't see how an ANT-run is going to work when there will be about 30 AP tanks taking aim at it once it gets within 100 meters of a base.
Well Tanks were a lot rarer sight in Planetside, you needed to specially certify into Heavy Armored Vehicles to pull one, so they were a third tier unlock...
Still, Combat Engineering was way more common, and actual minefields didn't stop ANT runs.
Plus there was the fact that NTU was needed regardless AND Infiltrators could hack Vehicles, so if you were just waiting to flip the Base you'd might as well let the enemy fill it up.

And again, there is both the Galaxy and the Loadstar, both could load and drop ANTs.