PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Twitter QnA Question list : ART WEEK
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-10-01, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Re: Twitter QnA Question list : ART WEEK

Question:
Does your concept->"in game" pipeline involve pencils or real models, or is it all on the computer?
Answer:
All of our work is digital now. some concepts are handdrawn on cintique and some use 3d models to paint over. which ever the artist prefers

Question:
What fraction of the art staff has formal artistic training?
Answer:
Im not sure, I know of a couple that learned on the job, so I would have to say 95% have formal training, but then again, I havent taken a poll.

Question:
T-Ray, what will we see that you personally designed, textured, modeled, and/or animated?
Answer:
I have model one asset for the game and concepted a couple of things buts that about it. I fill in the blanks when others are busy but thats rare.

Question:
T-Ray, which of your accomplishments from PS1 are you most proud of?
Answer:
i'm proud of the game itself. We did something that had never been done before. We made planetside with a team 1/4 the size of many of todays single player Fps'. We shook up the world and no one can take that away.

Question:
Is any of the UI finalized yet? Want screens! gimmegimmegimme?
Answer:
UI is an on going effort. it will be the last to finish. It will change the most during beta.