PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Devs - Past mistakes and Teamwork (History is important!)
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-13, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: Devs - Past mistakes and Teamwork (History is important!)

I read the Planetside manifesto you have in your sig, it was well written and made me write this just to provide my own anecdotes on how I got into Planetside and just how lucky I was to learn about it and the problems I saw in the original.

I agree with everything you say, the dev team has definitely learned from the experience gained from the original game and are really devoted to the game and the community. The only other developer I've ever seen care so much for their community is Bohemia Interactive and they are also really great guys who made some awesome games so hopefully Planetside 2 will be my next 'Best game of all time'. As for marketing I mentioned that Matt Higby has been the pinnacle of this, he's been giving interviews to all the major gaming magazines and he's been taking time out of his own schedule to do Q & A's here and on reddit among other things, it's incredibly epic to see such devotion to the game and I'm sure we'll see lots of marketing when the development of the game gets further along.