PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WHO?
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-07, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: DEV reddit AMA- "ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module" says WH

I -HATE- the idea of giving the ANT to a pre-existing vehicle. I want a new vehicle because the same old lineup is stale, Especially don't give it to a Sunderer because as is - with certed Basilisks you have no reason to pull any other vehicle!
It has AMS, Gate Shield Diffuser, Blockade Armor making it the most sponge like vehicle in the game (next to a Galaxy), It carries 12 players - right now we have no idea in-game how many crew a enemy vehicle, Could be solo, could be a full squad of enemy MAX, I don't know! Sunderer's are the end all do anything vehicle, Beyond cost of resources you have no reason to pull anything else when a army of Sunderer's kills everything!

But with all that put aside...

If you're going to give the ANT to any pre-existing vehicle, give it to the Galaxy! Galaxies need a reason to be kept alive and not just pull, taxi, and forget. What a waste of resources....

Giving a ANT to a Galaxy also gives players more incentive to tag along with pilots who have geared and enjoy the Galaxy Gunship role instead of gun and forget. Everyone wants to gun a Lib, MBT, or Harasser but do you know how frustrating it is to find gunners for a Galaxy in a Squad/Platoon/Outfit?

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-12-07 at 10:09 AM.