PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Buying a new PC [NL]
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Buying a new PC [NL]

Originally Posted by MasterCalaelen View Post
At the moment not too much, but that's partially because video editing is pure torture on my current setup. So the i7 is only better than the i5 in terms of video editing, and possibly a few specific Photoshop actions?

Would I need to OC the i5 2500K in order to get equal performance to the i7, or would it be similar by default? Is an OC i5 2500K better, or equal as the i7 3770 for gaming?

Haven't really looked into it, but I can't think of any programs I have on my computer that would not run in W7. The only reason I brought it up was because it was the only thing Pro had over Home that could possibly be of any use to me.
Yes and yes. i5 and i7 are identical for gaming. Overclocking gives a performance boost in only certain games, however it can potentially expand the life time of your build. If you don't think you will benefit from the HT on the i7 I would go for the 3570K (K means it can overclock) if you are interested in doing this. Otherwise the 3450 will suffice if you have no plans for HT or overclocking.

Sounds like Home Premium is for you.

If you are concerned about wattage look into this. I think you can order from there. Everything else looks good if you want to keep with that 3770 and ram.

@ Vancha that P8Z77-M is a mATX board. No reason to be getting that if he doesn't need it IMO.

Last edited by Goku; 2012-07-15 at 09:52 AM.