PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-17, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Re: Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
They don't suffer from it, really, because you should be mobile anyways. Aside from the horrible farming dynamics it generates, camping multiple times from a single spot should be punished not rewarded, like real battle mechanics.
There's a difference between being mobile and having a good chance of avoiding detection and being known exactly where you are right off the bat. Also if cover hides you good enough so you can't be seen from far away, why should it be punished? Seems like the sensible thing to do to me. Sniper with brains beats mindless grunt that doesn't know what hit him. Killcam will not change that.

Here's how people learn in this game (and I can atest to this as I've been through training courses in my outfit). COMMUNICATE! Can you say it with me? Good. If you're good at something share your experience with your fellow team members and help them get better. Game mechanics can only do so much and it's up to us players to help each other where we can.

For example, playing a max? Ask for an engineer. Hurt? Medic. Hit a friendly? Apologize. Find good cover or vantage point? Well guess what, instead of using the quick commutation key use that keyboard, stop being worried about killing for a moment and push T and let a buddy know about it. Commutation is key and I'm always telling my team members when I see an enemy sun coming in or a group of infantry or tanks.

In the end it's about knowing what you're good at and sharing the experience. And this game is meant to be played with others not on your own. Sucks if you're anti social but hey, that's me right there and I still manage. Keep your head on straight, don't give a damn about your K/D ratio and learn as you play no matter how bad you are. Mine was twice as bad as it is now but with time, practice, common sense and communication it's gotten a lot better.