PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-01, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

I don't care - until I see how it affects game play. A vocal crybaby minority should not influnce the games structure.

Players that stick with the game a long time or are skilled enough to max their certs, BEP,.....deserve something extra. Nothing huge. Maybe nothing big, but something. A 10% boost sounds reasonable. If they're BETTER players they'll pwn newbs (and experienced players with avg or marginal skills) anyway. What's the big deal ?

I don't care - yet. Players that qualify for whatever boost SOE chooses to grant should provide more XP/BEP to whoever kills them.

Seeing some super-dedicated Tank Outfit roll out in a bunch of boosted and mild-to-medium modified tanks should make newbs (or anyone else for that matter) WANT to acquire advanced skills/certs/rewards/perks.

Goals should mean something tangible when you reach them. SOE has to GIVE advancing players something.

I'm not worried about it at all. I am curious to see how they structure it - and how it actualluy ends up working. Until the game launches - it's much ado about nothing - mindless speculation leads to mindlessness.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-08-04 at 03:58 PM.