PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "Endboss vs competitive combat"
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-28, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: "Endboss vs competitive combat"

I generally agree with you, however I wouldn't agree that the potential inclusion of some sort of "Galaxy Gunship" in PS2 is necessarily a sign of them returning to some of those flawed design mentalities.

Similar discussions have been had about BFR's, that mechs could be well balanced if handled significantly differently than in PS1, although BFR's are an even sorer sticking point than GG's for most fans.

My point being that the concept of a Galaxy that is more designed as a mobile weapons platform isn't necessarily inherently broken.

I absolutely agree that all units should be based around competitive play though, not just being a "challenge" for other players to take down, or balanced against some difficulty in attaining them.

I believe that BFR's, GG's, and Orbital Strikes are all examples of extremely failed foresight of design and implementation. Hopefully the community can keep this in mind for Planetside 2 and react swiftly if the devs ever indicate they are going down this road for any unit or feature.