PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What a travisty
Thread: What a travisty
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-29, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: What a travisty

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Blows my mind that we have to pay for health care. Of all the wealthy industrialized nations, one of the richest in history can't provide for it's citizens. We should pay for health care the same as we pay for roads, and should be able to access health care as easily as we can access roads.
I think elfailo summed it up well in his (sarcastic?) rant showing the odder side of American politics.

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
It's not stupid, it's smart. He knew he couldn't count on empathy from the self-absorbed lower middle class, so he played you like the chumps you are, and now your hard earned money is going straight into the dental fillings of a bum.

Hahaha. Welcome to Europe btw.
There are people that hold a very strong concept that funding for social services is unnecessary in the US and that things like single payer isn't the right direction. It's going to take a while for them to realize the only people they're hurting is themselves. Until then we have to take small steps toward solving the problems without angering them.

Especially now that congress won't allow real solutions to be passed. It's going to be a difficult year until reelection.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Competition will lead to lower prices, tort reform will lead to lower costs by insurers, and personal accountability will lead to lower health care costs overall.
Realizing that capitalism isn't the solution to the healthcare problem seems to be beyond you. Competition is the reason we needed change. It wasn't working at all. I seriously doubt any form of reform would allow a private industry to start caring for citizens like a proper single payer system can. If you read half the stories about the horrors of insurance companies in the US you'd realize they aren't a viable solution in the long run.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-06-29 at 02:35 PM.