PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Low FPS? Ailos' guide to having a better experience.
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-05, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: Low FPS? Ailos' guide to having a better experience.

Originally Posted by inflectious View Post
Hey there, Ailos!

I've just build a mid-range computer and have yet to upgrade my graphics card. As for the processor: I've got an [email protected] (4.0 won't be a stretch even using the stock cooler, it seems. Perhaps I got lucky with the batch. Perhaps I got lucky with the AS-5 application). As for the RAM: I've got 16GB of DDR3 1600.

As for the graphics card... I am using an Nvidia GeForce 9600GT from many years ago. I plan to purchase a GTX 660Ti early next year after the price drops a bit. Will this swap allow me to play the game with some eye candy and a decent framerate? I've also got a CPU cooler upgrade scheduled... would hitting 4.3 or 4.4GHz be a good target?

Thanks!

Edit: I guess I should mention that with all settings on low and 75% (?) render I get 30-40FPS during calmer moments and 10-25 during chaos. As you probably know, GPU is the limiting factor 100% of the time at this point.

-Inflectious
660 Ti should be ample for max eye candy unless you're wanting to run at more than 1080p. For me, even with a 680 in surround view, the 3570K is the bottleneck in heavier fights and leaves me with ~45 fps.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark

Last edited by Ailos; 2012-12-05 at 10:59 PM.