PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 1 empire per account and F2P
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Re: 1 empire per account and F2P

Yeah, so i have been being a bit lazy with expressing my concerns in this thread...

It's not just about spies, i've been using this term when the most inclusive term is probably (as knocky has illustrated) griefers.

A griefers could be a player or account who does any or all of the following:
  • gathering intel for another empire, not assisting their own.
  • blocks things or team kills for either fun or profit.
  • only ever plays on the winning team.
  • switch empires to join which ever outfit has the best leadership/seems most successful, rather than rising up to be competitive.
  • other shitty things, not in the spirit of the game...

Hmm, spose the best term still isn't really griefers, it's probably dicks.

I think (other than being more profitable for SOE) that encouraging empire loyalty through all the inevitable nerfing and buffing of ES weapons and vehicles is a good idea. As we have seen from polls, the spread of players and their choice of intended will be quite even to begin with.

I don't think that newbies will feel slighted by having to choose from the beginning, everyone knows which empire they like, the same way you know if you want the chicken, fish or beef meal on your international flight. Having a big button that says "take a look at the game from the enemies perspective" has the potential to create more complaints than it solves. The current PS Timer system is fine, but perhaps it wouldn't hurt to encourage a little more empire loyalty from the beginning of the game.

Of course, it's only a minor inconvenience to create another account, and of course this works both ways... but i believe that most people are born good, and only become dicks cause it was the easy thing to do. Put a policeman ever few kilometres and people will hesitate before they just shit on the sidewalk.

Also... i'm not sure what empire i will eventually play, although this is mainly due to my RL friends being evenly split between the three. I'm definitely going to create (at least) 3 accounts so that i can occasionally play with the PS outfits on all three empires that i have in the past.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2