PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Any word on Buggies?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-21, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Any word on Buggies?

I personally don't care if there is never a Harasser or Skyguard, just so long as they bring back the ES buggies. The main reason being that I could easily see them allowing us to customize ES buggies to fill the rolls of Harassers and Skyguards, and then some.

Much as I think everyone has some fond memories of skyguards (I'm a pilot and I had a blast with them, gunning for them and hunting/avoiding them), but I think the main draw was the awesome high speed AA capabilities of it. I doubt most people would have enjoyed it any less if that same AA gun had been mounted on their ES buggy.

Hopefully they find lots of ways of making buggies a fun, unique and valuable contribution to the battlefield. They are a blast to drive and ride in no matter what, but I want them to be just as valuable as galaxies and MBT's and lightnings and Sunderers etc, in their own way.

Oh yeah and I want a Thresher that can fly for limited periods of time

Edit:
Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
Lightning is supposed to be the premier AA platform now, so I don't expect the Skyguard to ever come back.
This too. It could be that buggies come back in a very different form than we had in the first game. As long as they are still a blast to drive and are unique and useful.

I wonder if they will go with just giving us a single buggy, like the harasser, with ES customization options instead of an entirely unique vehicle for each faction. I hope not, but at least we would still have a buggy.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-04-21 at 03:06 AM.