PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Like waking from a deep sleep
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Like waking from a deep sleep

Welcome, I am in total agreement with you.

I appreciate the positive nature of your post as well. It is all to easy to look at games like Tribes Ascend and Planetside 2 and be disheartened by some of the changes made, but at the end of the day everything will be okay. As long as the core spirit of the originals live on, we will adapt and overcome.

It's also quite reassuring to see how well the PS2 devs have responded to the community, neither knee jerk reacting to our every whim nor ignoring the important issues that keep cropping up.

I believe that one of the largest problems with the first Planetside was that it lacked support from SOE and had no clear focus in it's content updates. I am with you in my hope that they keep some perspective when adding and changing things, and realize that the game will never be perfectly balanced. That doesn't mean we can't get some crazy new things, or that the game can't be reasonably well balanced.

The 5 year plan and the game being F2P/cash shop gives me a lot of hope. Even though there are some serious downsides to F2P, it is a proven model that ensures Planetside 2 will be worth continued investment for years to come, and the fact that they have long term ideas already in the planning stages tells me that it won't be some haphazardly thrown together thing.