PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders on Connery
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-16, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: What the TR Needs... an open letter to all outfit commanders on Connery

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
Yeah, I don't think this should be in General Discussion.
I'm from Werner and I disagree because I don't think this is limited to one server or one faction only.

I think this behaviour is called being human and playing within the bounds of the game is it is at present and as such should have been predicted.

I think the answer is to allow latitude for people being people and to bring back cr5's.

For those who don't know cr5's existed in PS1 and it worked. Cr5's provided the overall strategy for an empire and when it did work properly it was beautiful to see.

Clearly the channel broke down from time to time, that's because it was composed of people being human.

In PS1 you because a CR5 by leading squads that captured bases and it took a lot of time to get there - this meant that many that did achieve cr5 rank were experienced squad and platoon leaders and they also had some idea of global strategy.

Once you knew someone was a cr5 you also knew they were a very experienced player and (generally) knew what they were talking about.

CR5 channel:- no current squad leader status to gain access, no 'certs' required to gain access but successful leading over a long period of time is required.