PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Post your upcoming Sunderer overhaul ideas here
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Post your upcoming Sunderer overhaul ideas here

+1 to the Router!

I'm also all for a return of the cloak-field bubbles, in some fashion or another (It wasn't broke... why fix it?).

C4/Tank Mines

It is really *really* easy to blow up a Sunderer with a C4/Tank Mine suicide charge. Make shooting Tank mines with small arms fire do only like 10% of the damage it currently does. If it were possible interface-wise, I'd have some sort of equipable C4 jammer that puts a 10 second delay before someone can detonate C4 on (or under) the vehicle (time enough for an Engineer to remove it).

Another option might be separating the "SCU" module on the Sunderer so it can be busted without blowing the Sunderer itself. This way if you're able to push back the suicide charges, you can repair the SCU module (after a sufficiently lengthy repair time). It might also open up small arms fire (LMG's, most likely) to being an AMS repellant.

In Planetside 1 multiple mines and spitfires were a pretty good deterrent. Atm it's too hit and miss to put out just a couple of mines that can be flown over. =\

Edit:

Radar Jamming

As a support role, it'd be great to be able to provide infantry/vehicle radar stealth to nearby friendlies (even at a height above you) so they do not appear on radar. As aircav, I'd love to be able to juke and dodge around a rock to suddenly vanish without a trace for a pursuing foe. Little does he know we setup a support Sundy behind some rocks that's now masking my whereabouts. Could also be handy if it acted as a flare and scatters incoming missiles.

Last edited by Edfishy; 2013-07-01 at 08:49 PM.