PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Adam Clegg @Arclegger talks Weapons
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-02, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Re: Adam Clegg @Arclegger talks Weapons

Originally Posted by HydroBIG BANG View Post
i'm gonna fucking shit a brick if infantry combat in PS2 turns into a sniper fest where the only way to live is to spam ADADADAD until your keys melt.
It already is like that, playing as a sniper is difficult enough. Having to put three HIGH POWERED sniper rounds into a heavy assault to kill it with a bolt action is ridiculous. Sitting in the shadows waiting for someone to stand still is boring as hell. I honest to god sniped a medic 5 times, and his ability to heal and fast shield recharge meant a tank had to kill him. 5 effing rounds!

These arnt particularly huge issues, but lethality of a sniper trying to hit a moving target, with twitchy fast unpredictable movement animations. And the general fact that standing still doesnt give you and substantial recoil bonus. Means sniping can be hell, and its the only reason i play PS2.

I dont think that sniping boosts have to be game breaking, i would happily give up my cloak if i could have longer steady aim, and the none zoom out bolt action.

The recon droid i think would work better if you can just deploy it in an area and it auto spots enemies for you within a certain radius. And it can be shot down by enemy troops.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.