PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A Guide on How To Be A Good Beta Tester
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: A Guide on How To Be A Good Beta Tester

Originally Posted by MgFalcon View Post
I've Beta tested manyyyy games. I know what to do, and not to do. I even warned the creators back when APB was getting big to NOT release the game cause it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too repetitive. They didn't listen and the game was one of the biggest flops ever.
It wasn't really about lack of listening, but lack of budget. RTW was bankrupt before the game was even out and they needed to release it and hope it would keep the company afloat enough for it to recover. That didn't happen though.

About the repetitiveness, the ideology behind the game is much like that of Counter Strike. Counter Strike is extremely repetitive like most online shooters, yet that does not bother majority of the players.

One of the problem is though that APB also tried to appeal to alot of MMORPG-playerbase, and these arnt too much into repetitiveness. As an online shooter, APB is the least repetitive I've ever played.