PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Balancing Aircraft/AA with Altitude
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-05, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Balancing Aircraft/AA with Altitude

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
Surprisingly, I like how it works in PS1, where height doesn't matter.
It's funny, I both agree and disagree with this short statement. I like how it works in PS1 as well, but I believe height does matter. For example, it is harder for the TR AA Max to hit you if you are farther away, also you can break a lock-on easier at high altitudes because it's easier to get out of range.

For Malorn, I like the concept, but as I was reading it, I couldn't figure out if you were describing PS1, or what you'd like to see in PS2. Basically, I think it is balanced just right in PS1. Sure, 1 single AA Max can deny a fairly large area to aircraft (I've done it quite a bit myself so it's not hard), but I believe thats the way it should be. If aircraft had free reign over the whole map, there wouldn't be much of a ground game.

So since the AA/Aircraft balance is just right in PS1, and altitude already does affect AA, the conclusion would be that I hope PS2 is similar to PS1 in this case. The only real new idea is the flak gun that is more effective at long range than short range which is a cool idea, but that feels a little niche for me, so perhaps that is a weapon system that could be added later in an update.