Thread: Gameplay: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Outfit Air Cruisers Redux

Originally Posted by Tzitzimitl View Post
Yea i forgot to elaborate this part, but their effect on ground battles. This effect could be having AV and AI weapons that would effect the ground. It can have AA weapons to effect air battles. If they had such an effect it would make them really strong and it would require it be separated. I guess the question would be do we want OAC with minimal effect on battles or OAC with such a strong effect that it changes the battlefield?
I took great care to keep Air Cruisers from directly influencing the order of battle on the surface of Auraxis. BFRs went a long way toward ruining the original PlanetSide and I don't want a rehash of that on an even more insurmountable scale. The AA abilities they have are not overpowering due to limited arcs and the lack of flak and missile point defense weapons.

The main weapons and secondary weapons are intended to engage other Air Cruisers first and foremost, though I suspect they might get a lucky hit on a Galaxy once in awhile too.

I was actually think more along the lines of the silos having a 1 hex range(?) but your idea could potentially work
Well, if the intention is to create a method of area denial against an Air Cruiser, it might work. As long as they aren't literally everywhere. But, keep in mind that it is a weapon the Cruiser can't retaliate against without first making the weapons into air to ground.

The point i was trying to make would be that ground vehicles would be spawned from it allowing for a faster deployment. This faster deployment has the potential to take away from tech/towers. Perhaps, your right but this would have to be play tested to truly find out.
Well one of the perks of an OAC is exactly that, faster deployment of outfit forces to the theater. I think outfits with the wherewithal and gumption to focus on obtaining and keeping an OAC have justified some secondary perks for it. As long as they are not directly overpowering.

ACs are balanced due to their inability to fight back against most none AC units. The counters to non AC units are the same as they always were: Other non AC units.