PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Central Command Centers
Thread: Gameplay: Central Command Centers
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

Re: Central Command Centers

Yea, I wasnt really considering their cool down times and resource costs when brain storming there.

That being said, I would rather they be weaker and uncommon than over powered and rare. Again it comes down to giving the players a chance to react to, avoid, or flee the OS.

Making something too rare (by whatever method) causes the people that use it to demand it be worth the cost, so it tends to become over powered when compared to other things in the game (but, perhaps, not compared to resource costs.) Then, when it becomes known that it has such power, everyone will want to use it. Eventually a majority becomes able to use it and that 'rare' thing isn't so rare anymore, but still over powered.

As I see it, for balance's sake, an OS should cost the equivalent amount of resources as two liberators, dish out the average damage two of them do in their average life-times (distributed in a wide area for a set time), have four to six times the cool down at least (cause a liberator needs crew while an OS doesn't), etc.

I would rather have it use current resources too, all of them. That way somebody could either use their OS or pull a liberator/ESTank/multiple MAX units. And if they were running low on any one resource due to vehicle/equipment purchases then no OS for them.

What do you think about mixing in a way to prevent an OS from going off or from being used once 'purchased'? Would that help make the things more acceptable? Something like a deploy-able field command console that would need to be set up and manned until the OS goes off?