PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Syrian Crisis: Whom To Believe
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-20, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
huller
Private

Re: Syrian Crisis: Whom To Believe

Originally Posted by Helwyr View Post
You don't need aircraft to launch a chemical attack or long range artillery for that matter. Seriously go out and do a little bit of research before you lock yourself into one position and start calling for war. Some of the rebels themselves have admitted to having chemical weapons and the intent to use them. There's footage showing rebels believed to be firing chemical rockets. Granted none of this is conclusive evidence that "rebels" did it, but it's far more evidence than has been provided to date that Assad's forces did the attack.

Here's a few links to get you started:
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/09...-had-sarin-gas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HCJ...e_gdata_player

http://www.mintpressnews.com/witness...eapons/168135/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5kda1KhqlU

http://www.infowars.com/5-lies-inven...weapons-attack

Yes they're horrible weapons. You don't even have conclusive evidence of who did the attack and you're supporting a "solution" of bombing people.. ie incinerating and dismembering people in big explosions, many of whom may not die straight away and have frankly just as horrible deaths. Maybe you should also research the effect of using depleted uranium weapons in Iraq, and agent orange in Vietnam. I'm sure similar atrocities will occur in Syria if you get the war you want.

Ok, you personally go fight it then. Please be sure to go to a site like liveleak and do a search of some of the videos of your new "Syrian rebel" allies have proudly put out. I'm not posting links as it's stuff that will make most people feel like throwing up, but you huller need to see it.

Think about what you just wrote in my last quote.. I mean really think about it.
No need to get so hostile, While i agree that who deployed the weapons is inconcusive and that plenty of the rebels are as bad, if not worse than most of Assad's forces, fact remains that the strike occured in rebel controlled territory, which would be a highly unlikely target for rebel forces.

And yes, I know about some of the stuff the rebels have done, which makes me just as sick as the deployment of chemical weapons but for us to just stand by idly while people are being massacred on such a scale, especialy with weapons like these. While I do agree that there needs to be far more evidence as to whom launched the attack, we shouldn't just stand by and let it happen, which is at the core of my arguement.

While I admit that I am lacking in keeping track of the developments of this conflict and am generaly poorly informed on the matter of chemical weapons that does not automaticaly invalidate my concerns over the deployment of these weapons. Personaly I find it more likely for Assad's forces to be the culprit of these attacks seeing as how their forces have both a greater intrest in a strike on the affected regios and a greater fammiliarity with the operation of these weapons.

Despite the fact that some of the rebels (which are not in any way my allies as you implied) are guilty of despiceable acts and crimes against humanity, and I wouldn't for the life of me wish to live under their reign, we cannot just stand by on the sidelines when chemical weapons are deployed. This should be thouroughly investigated and when clear proof is provided as to whom is the culprit they shouldn't just get away with "just give us those weapons and everything will be ok".

I do not deny that to act now without evidence would be rash and some would say immoral my opinion is that we should intervene the moment such evidence is found. And I know that the US droped some messed up shit on vietnam but one should keep in mind that thresholds are crossed in syria, and that the conflict could drasicay escalate beyond this point.

The core of my argument is not that we should just rush straight into a war but rather that in my eyes the arguments that Assad's forces are guilty are easier to believe and hold more merit than those that the rebels did it. And That Millitary intervention is a nessecity now that chemical weapons are deployed. To just let this happen while we stand on the sidelines, or even worse, to let the culprit get away with it would be highly moraly objectionable. This isn't about helping the rebels achieve victory, but to put an end to this drastic excalation.

While I agree that the obama administration should present any evidence they have against the Assad regime to the internattional community before striking against Syria I firmly believe that once that evidence is provided and proven to be legit, a millitary strike is the right course of action.

I do not condone the actions of anyone involved in this conflict, least of all the rebels, but a peacefull solution is no longer an option should appropriate evidence be presented as to whom is guilty of using chemical weapons. If we do not intend to punish those guilty of using them what is the point of making them illegal in the first place?