PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Do you know what month it is?
View Single Post
Old 2003-03-02, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

MMOs don't take much beta testing, it's mostly resolving lag problems and server issues.
Heh, SWG has been in beta 2 for what? 5 months?

I have a feeling there will be a lot of bugs overlooked (seeing how the game is huge) and i dont wanna buy a game that dosen't run smothly the first day i play it
EQ, WWIIO, AO. Remember these releases? Horrible. This was after extensive beta. Dont expect to do to much over the first few days, there is really no way to prepare the servers for the massive amout of people who will start that day. It will go from four servers with 20K people to 12 servers and god knows how many people, almost all at once. There will be bandwith problems becuase everyone is still in their homesanctuary, all the names need to be approved, and dozens of other small things that just add up.

However there is hope. SOE is the only company to release more then one MMO. I know SWG isnt out yet, but the beta is going well. If there is any company that can prepare well its SOE. Plus, look at our dev team. I have faith in a good release, but dont hope for flawless.