PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Newbie looking to learn
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-03, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Corrupted
Private

Newbie looking to learn

I've read the two wiki guides and a variety of other starter tips in forums. I know this isn't the type of game you will jump in and start doing good in, and that any fps experience in COD means nothing here. I say this so you realize I am not a total idiot, I've probably spent more time research HOW to play rather than playing.

I die. A lot. And it seems to be the typical thing. But I don't progress for anything and I am tired of people killing me with 3 of their bullets, after I put half a clip of mine in them. Even getting the jump on someone isn't helping, and I don't just stand still.

I kno the quick fix is to dump cash into the shop, but I have a horribly tight budget so this is not an option. Joining random sqauds has only gotten me capture points, as the squad manages to clear everything out before I can really get a play in it. I spent 2 hrs rollig with a well organized squad, only to gain about 20 certs.

The most exp I've gained has been as a field medic, out of a squad, reviving ppl at some epic battles, but dying a lot myself in the process.

I need help to grow at least a little faster, as I only gain 45 certs every eh 5 hrs? I have seen ways to cert farm and I would love to meet up with some people to help me do that for a bit just so I can get a bit of a start.

I feel I am more book smart in this game than I can actually apply myself, but I feel this is more due to the lack of certs/adjusting to pc controls. I see joining an outfit is highly recommended but so far I can't seem to get into out no matter how much I yell in game or post on forums like this. No one seems to have the patients to train newbies up in this game.

So if anyone is willing to help farm some certs, add me to an outfit, or ANYTHING at all it would be greatly appericiated. I wish I joined this game upon it's release, as joining at this stage seems almost laughable (unless I dump 100$ into the shop o.o)

Ty to any and all! And please refrain from being rude, I'm just trying to learn and play the game so I can enjoy it. It feels like work right now, but I know if I can stick with it and get a little help I will love it and be very useful.