PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Newbie looking to learn
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-04, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Micro
Sergeant Major

Re: Newbie looking to learn

Hey!
What I'd recommend is you go in-game, and hit 'P' on your keyboard. This should bring up the squad/platoon list.
Here, join a platoon/squad and follow the waypoints given and listen to orders.
Feel free to ask questions in the platoon/squad chat too. (in most platoons someone is willing to answer questions).
Try a few different outfit's platoons/squads and see what you like the best.
You could ask if they are recruiting, if you would like to join them as being in a good outfit is the key to have fun and learn the game.

And I'm not gonna lie, the first 10, maybe 20 battleranks won't be easy to learn yourself trough. And don't be afraid to die. Because you will die. A lot.

Also, there is no noob faction, each have their pros and cons and easy and hard sides.

A good class to start with really depends on what you want to do. Play them all and see what you find the most fun.
I myself play the class that I find most suitable for the situation I'm in. There is no "best class" for everything.

You didn't specify which US East server you are on or your character name, so I can't give you any specific outfits that I'd recommend joining.

The best way to learn the game is actually to play it.
I'd also recommend watching a few videos on Youtube about things. There are many PlanetSide 2 Youtubers, here's a good list of them one of them (Wrel) made: