PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Storyline: Alien Incursion
Thread: Storyline: Alien Incursion
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Alien Incursion

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
NPCs of any kind is a horrible idea. This is a PVP game and many people are starting to forget that.
Planetside was a strictly PvP game (minus things like automated turrets of course).

Planetside 2 is a PvP game. There is no rule that says a PvP game can't have ai controlled enemies. They just can't be the focus of the game or else it can no longer be called a PvP game.

I don't really want ai enemies to ever become the focus of the game, but I personally have no objection to their inclusion in some minor capacity. You can disagree all you want, but in the end it will come down to what the devs want to do and possibly what the majority of the playerbase wants. I'd be fine either way myself.

Again, just so long as they weren't the focus of the gameplay. An environmental hazard that gave you no XP for killing, or a temporary event where you had to fend of huge swarms would be fine by me. As long as your day to day Planetside 2 experience still centered around nothing more than the 3 empires fighting it out with entirely human controlled armies.