PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Santorum Drops Out
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-13, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Santorum Drops Out

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Must be some quality education in the Netherlands.

A flat tax is fair because rich people spend more than poor people, thus they contribute more in the tax. I also said things like FOOD are essential to life and therefore should not be taxed so as not to add unnecessary risk to those less fortunate.

If I spend two million dollars and I have a flat consumption tax I'm contributing a hell of a lot more money to the government than someone who spends only 10k.

And taxation itself should be limited. It shouldn't be a burden to anyone, rich or poor. Big government needs big money. They can't take it from the poor so they must take it from the rich. That in turn causes the rich to be more conservative, take business elsewhere or simply hire fewer employees.

Big government has little accountability - they aren't spending their own hard earned money, they're spending someone else's money so they are naturally more wasteful. They have no personal benefit in being efficient or even wise in spending. And that's why we have stupid shit like this. That's just the stuff we find out about, smaller waste and incompetence is far more common.

Government also spends money it doesn't have - a practice that citizens and businesses don't take lightly, and having an unbalanced budget is a great way to end up in the "safety net". We do it and we suffer. They do it and it's perfectly OK. The irresponsibility is stunning.

This is why tax rates should be low to begin with. Government should be limited to bare essentials not be a business all itself.

Free market and capitalism is salvation.
A national sales tax is the way to go, but it needs to be capped (as in Amendment) so the greedy elected 'elite' cant grab more and more of it.