PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Cockpit View - should it be forced? More options.

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
Explain your line of thought behind disliking the cockpit view.
Because your window to the world is already restricted enough just because its on a monitor. And then they aren't content with just having a minimal instrument panel, they have to have super thick bracing that does nothing, even in sci fi games that take place long after they figured out the whole bubble canopy thing and just have poor designs.

Like Tie Fighter.

Am I too believe they couldn't put a single pane of glass there and get rid of the spider web? Its ridiculous.

I've been disabling the cockpit view in every game I've played that allowed it(and most did) since this:

Now a game that is not a flight simulator is trying to act all hardcore, when its not been an issue for any other game for years, including proper flight sims, or its predecessor. And everyone else is defending it based on the immersive qualities of poor sci fi design.

Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
TrackIR really is awesome for cockpits. I bought one a couple weeks ago for Freespace 2, can't wait to try it in Planetside. Maybe flying through a thunderstorm will look something like this:

Freespace 2 SCP The Last Resort - YouTube

Right. Disabling a cockpit view is too much of an advantage. But TrackIR is not. Completely illogical.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-04-17 at 03:01 PM.