PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - An idea for making the Gal truly useful
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-02, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
Far from it, the Gal is much too slow to be anything more than a vehicle of appearances, most everyone just uses their private jets (Skeeters), or has entirely different kinds of vehicles...

The Galaxy is too similar to the C-130 to not have the best parts of it in my opinion, which is cargo...

The Deliverer is an awesome vehicle, and the Gal is a potentially awesome transport, put them together and lots of new things will be possible...
For serious assaults, you need heavy infantry and MAXes, not agiles. I understand that some playstyles are different, but Rexo is the way to go.

The buggies are a great alternative - depending on your empire, you should be able to stuff 14-15 players in one transport. Buggies aren't as effective as tanks, but they can bring enough firepower to bear against light targets (Enforcers and Marauders are especially good at suppression; don't have much experience with Threshers).

I like the Deliverer as well (it feels like a big buggy, and it's lethal), but it fills a different niche which doesn't really depend on being dropped from a plane.