PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: New Planetside 2 Interview on Strategy Informer
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-23, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: New Planetside 2 Interview on Strategy Informer

Originally Posted by morf View Post
I think grief would have to be revamped to have FF. Also, with increased lethality, I imagine a 4 shot burst from MA to the back of your buddy at point blank would cause a TK. Hopefully once they get live players on the game they can look at all the numbers and figure out how to make it work. But I'm thinking idiots stepping in front of you = dead idiots. I can see how it would suck if 30 percent of deaths in a heavily contested facility were TK's due to the back line firing through the guys up front
Maybe this will keep them from gettin too stupid with reducing TTK's. Honestly we should have the same armor as PS1' agile in teh new rexo equivs of PS2. Adding the ironsights and less bloom on the CoF will greatly increase teh amount of bullets that land and alone will massively shorten TTK's. If they also lower armor alot and add this better accuracy, its gonna get stupid. And TTK's that are too low cause this FF issue. Better to just increase TTK via the accuracy of the ironsights rather than makin everyone wear paper armor.

Sorry but if your game causes lots of friendly death because you have TTK's too low, then you prob need to increase the TTK a bit. No quick firing weapon's 4 round burst should be killin anyone from full health to zero anyway. And DO NOT do any cheap fix like making FF do lower damage. It must be FULL DAMAGE in order for teh gameplay to work right. If its causin too much to friendlies, adjust the TTK or functionality, do not cheat it like was done with teh lasher's lash. It ultimately ended up being 95% removed because its function was bad, if you cheat it you just put more bad functionality into the game. Do it right from the start and you dont have to deal with the issues of a bad system.