PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-30, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
Learn to play the game, Bags. Why should SOE be responsible for whether a new player is equal to a veteran player? They aren't and won't be. Everyone started as a noob. Why penalize the veteran for knowing how to play by enabling someone who needs to learn with some weapon/armor/ability they didn't earn.

Make them learn to play well; don't give hand-outs or they will never learn to play well, they will just rely on the game company to equalize it for them.
Manitou I do not see any logic in your reasoning at all. Its rather obvious a new player will have disadvantages at the game by not knowing anything at all. Why should a veteran player be able to do far more damage then a new player? There is no reason for it. I don't care if you play the game for 5 years. There is no reason anyone should have far more better damage due to playing the game for longer. This is a FPS first not a RPG were you become far more powerful then you were at the beginning of the game and one shot level ones.