PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Much Ado About Nerfing?
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-04, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Re: Much Ado About Nerfing?

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/glorinfps/c/2367691

Removing the mobility penalty that balanced maxes and then making them faster along with a damage increase is definitely overpowered. Again with the little op thing, it's not a little op it is op and this becomes exponential within this game of massive numbers and low ttk the zoe max really does break the game.

As for the fracture max yes 25 damage may seem small on its own but when every tr rolls a fracture because it's equally great at anti infantry, anti vehicle and area denial. Add to that it is seldom 1 max spamming it 5-6-7-8 at a time not only this but the spam being so rapid means you take indirect damage approaching a choke direct damage in the choke and more indirect damage leaving the choke. Simply put the fracture is not quite on balance with the VS and NC equivalents.
I don't really see how one video proves anything TBH - sure, that guy is awesome at the game and gets a ton of kills. But I don't doubt you could find other videos of people managing similar feats with LMGs, SMGs, shotguns, or whatever - would that prove that those things were completely OP?

Personally I'll reserve judgement until I see some hard stats - do ZOE MAXs get a lot more kills on average? How much of a buff does ZOE actually provide to various weapon types, and how much extra damage do they take themselves?

The MAXs I see using ZOE don't seem to be achieving any more than those without - and I've certainly never seen a single ZOE clear out a whole area like in that video.

As for Fractures. Meh. If there are 5-8 MAXs holding a choke-point, I don't have a problem with infantry dying when they try to push through it. What's the balance issue there exactly?

The Fracture is clearly a lot better than the Vortex at AI, but it seems about on par with the Raven, and (based on the number of times I die to various TR MAX weapons) it seems a lot weaker at AI than the dedicated AI weapons. So sure, buff the Vortex to match, or nerf the other two vs infantry - but it's not really a big balance problem IMO.