PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A new Hardcore Mode/Server thread.
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: A new Hardcore Mode/Server thread.

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
I would love for PS2 to be popular enough well into its release for something like this to be able to happen. I would probably play on the HC server. I'd be even more likely to play on it if my characters were mirrored between the servers. If there were large enough populations to maintain the truly massive element of PS2 then it would be great.

With a less optimistic opinion though, I doubt it would work or be a benefit to the unity of the community at launch.

There was talk in the dev panel about eventually merging all servers into a single shard server like EVE Online. If you had HC and non-HC servers that would be really difficult.
Hopefully they are smart enough to not do that. Point&click moved ships with autotargeted abilities in comparison to free movement with more dimensions and usually more people in the same place than in EVE, not to mention latency being a way bigger factor in an FPS game...

The idea could do nothing but fail Well, it's not too bad currently with just one server (playing from EU myself), but it would be a stupid decision as long as theres population for diff servers on diff continents.