PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Newbies and the accessibility of Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Sikee Atric
Private

Re: Newbies and the accessibility of Planetside 2

Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
but I still wonder why Higby has no flowing brown locks is beta starts in a little over a week, this confuses me...
Because they'll have gone grey?

Tooltips, a tutorial, maybe even a 'Welcome Video....' All these things should, and hopefully will be added as the beta progresses, but for now the real cause of the Beta is to actually test the gameplay in an enviroment where the vast majority of players should have some idea of what is going on....

I've only played PS1 a few times and I'm going into PS2 as a noob, but I'm hoping there will be plenty of veterans there who can actually lead units and I'll be happy as a grunt for now. I know a few military tactics and I hope by the end of the beta I'll be more confident and able to offer some guides and feedback for the Outfit, with the intention of making my way up their ranks.

Hell, on launch day I might even make some Youtube Guides, with the aim of getting other noobs into the game.

In reality, the problem is when you have people who don't actually do any research into the game they are trying. Personally, I read a review or two and get an idea if I want to try before I buy, or just bite the bullet and go for it. But other noobs will be stupid enough to skip that part, then you get the pillocks....

Last edited by Sikee Atric; 2012-07-22 at 07:30 AM.