PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Jimmy Whisenhunt Joins PlanetSide 2 Team
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #355
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Jimmy Whisenhunt Joins PlanetSide 2 Team

Originally Posted by AzK View Post
The only things that make no sense are the ones you are saying. If a game is built in a way that allows certain things, those things are part of the game's ruleset and should/must be used in order to be the best player you can possibly be. When things are considered an exploit devs patch the game and remove them or change them.

Also, thinking about what you should or should not be able to do in a game comparing it to reality is simply an atrocious thing for me to even read. Reality =/= Video games. Video games have their own rules, it is a good and skilled players duty to do everything the games allow in order to best his enemies.

When people draw silly lines and start whining "waah this shouldn't be possible it's a glitch it's an exploit bla bla bla" the real reason behind it is that they aren't able to do it as well as the guy who's owning them, simple fact.

Again, check the video Fek posted, with that cs guy jumping all over the place against those absolutely clueless whiners who choose to simply complain about it rather than actually DO something about it. Reality is they probably wouldn't have even known where to start/what to do to counter him. Pathetic.
Wrong, friend. Devs don't patch exploits because A) They're lazy and don't want to do their job, B) Egotistical and refuse to admit their game has exploits or C) The leet dudes start crying about how it's part of the game now so leave it, because it might just make them lose their internet leetness, and the devs, not wanting to upset what fanbase they have left, are forced to leave it in.

Additionally, I'm glad you find the logical truth atrocious. I can't say I'm surprised. The fact is that you do not retain the right to not be offended. If you don't have the wits or tact to see when a mechanic is obviously being abused, then there's not much to be done for you.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe when someone goes to play a shooter, they're going in with the mindset that it's tactical (CRAZY, I know)? Maybe they see someone jumping around like a grade A lobotominte and don't do it because they know it makes you look dumb as hell and makes no sense? You see, what you want isn't a "skill level", what you want is a lack of intuitiveness for how the engine works. Once someone knows gets used to what buttons do what, they only dividing factor should be how smart they play, not how many hours they've practiced jump shooting.

I don't give a rats ass about some CS video. I've played games long enough to know that cheap antics are abound, I don't need a video to tell me that. The PS2 dev team is VERY connected to it's community and have shown that they don't want to add things that could potentially be abused. The primary focus of a game is to be as fun for as many people as possible. It's not the devs job to cater to the dregs of gaming society who are willing to ruin the game they've worked so hard to create for the sake of e-peen size increases. Go read a book.

Again, I don't think They brought in Wisenhunt to specifically do that. I'm ok with taking some randomness out of the guns (goodbye, cof). I DO NOT want to see cheap gimmicks that will only hurt the game as a whole. That means hyper accurate shooting while jumping and moving. That means excessive strafing. That means any manner of thing that doesn't make logical sense, because without that logical sense, the game is no longer intuitive and only becomes a job, not a game.