PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New player? Share your experience.
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Re: New player? Share your experience.

I enjoyed being able to equip my chainblade and turning it on. If inter-empire Proxy worked Id go running around screaming "im going to carve you a new asshole" hahahahaha. Immature? Properly, funny as fuck? Yep!

- Gunplay.. SO BAD, even compared to BF1942 or Global operations.

- I liked the lockers, I like micromanagement so this hit a good nerve with me. But having a 'standard' inventory with the class system in PS2 is certainly streamlined and reduces downtime.

- The base design seemed good. I like the multi-storied bases with corridors, how they play out is a different matter but from a design perspective I liked them.

- Having a mess room/lounge room/sleeping room in the bases was a nice touch, made them feel more like bases that were used then just generic structures, Also the increased amount of propaganda was cool.

- Doors, I didnt think I would care. I do like having them ingame.

- I LOVE the Marauder model, I hope TR get that model reused in PS2.

- Enter/Exit animations were cool, but with PS2's TTK I think you could be killed pretty easy while still trying to get out.

- Underslung MCG... Need I say more?

Even just looking out at the landscape and game size, even by todays standards you could tell in 2003 this game was well ahead of time technologically. Biggest gripe, they used Global Operations music; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPHbrFCOUsU

That is the most underated FPS of the 20th century. It had class system before BF1942, it had reviving before BF2 made it cool.

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
- Having to repair and heal one another instead of automatic regeneration

Doing healing in PS1, buggy as shit. Give me PS2 healing anyday. Plus I manaully heal people because it gives more points

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-05-21 at 08:09 AM.