PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - MBTs - 3-man or 2-man - Discuss!
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: MBTs - 3-man or 2-man - Discuss!

Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
I mean sure you can spend the time and get people to multicrew some tanks but I mean for the price of one fully crewed tank you could have three one man tanks. Quantity always seems to trump quality.
Such armor column with only a drivergunner in it would get quite easily raped by air and infantry. The main turrets are fairly inefficient against infantry now and you can't most likely do shit when Raymac comes bombing you with his Reaver.

So basically, the quantity > quality would probably be right, but only against another armor column (supposing they didnt go for AV in the secondary guns, in which case it gets more even, but they are equally vulnerable to air and infantry).

Cos we know that a Vanguard will need a direct hit on infantry to one shot, the splash damage this time around is fairly nonexistant. Sure, that's still a one hit, but without splash damage it's a whole other ballpark, really.

I may not be 3 manning my tanks, but I will have a secondary gunner every time if barely possible with what we know now. I guess it might change once we actually get to play, but my head as it is now doesnt support one man MBTs

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube