PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - just a thought for weather
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: just a thought for weather

Originally Posted by shortbushero View Post
i had this thought of an ion storm, a weather affect that would be pretty intense. i could see this affect as something that would be a very harsh weather effect to fight in. things that could happen would be like communications and electronics like c4, sights, flashlights, headlights etc not work properly, lightning strikes that could hit a vehicle and disable it for a certain time making flying very hard, if the lightning strikes the ground maybe disable vehicles/ shields, and more along the lines of that.
This is a very cool idea. I like the idea of weather challenges that make each battle a little different, and planning your tactics based on what weather may move through the area over the next few hours.

We already know that fog and possibly heavy rain and sandstorms will blot out sniping, spotting, and long-range combat, which I think is a really intriguing element rather than a downside.

I'd really like to see something like an ion storm roll through a courtyard every now and then (maybe once a week) that would disable active cloaking capabilities, radar, AA/AV tracking, etc for an hour or so.

Last edited by headcrab13; 2012-05-18 at 02:27 PM.