PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS1 : Bolt Sniper Rifle - Can you get rid of the "deadzone" while zoomed in?
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: PS1 : Bolt Sniper Rifle - Can you get rid of the "deadzone" while zoomed in?

I'm not totally sure what you're referring to, but i think it's this...

While zoomed, the mouse doesn't want to make a smooth micro-correction in movement. therefore, at extreme ranges, correcting a tiny bit left or right will end up putting your reticle past your intended target.

If this is what you're talking about, strafing to correct, if you have time and are close to start with, it's a quick easy correction. Alternatively, as you mentioned, zooming out and back in is another way.

The issue is that while zoomed, the game starts counting pixels as if they were right in front of you. (not 100% accurate, this is my interpretation). So a pixel in front of you with a target in front of you, a little movement doesn't throw off aim of the target because the target is 100+pixels big. But a pixel in front of you with a target off a mile, that's alot of movement because the target is only a couple pixels large.

No way to get rid of it. It's been there as long as I've been there. Probably longer.