PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Upcomming Surge Changes!
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-15, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Glad to see Spork further refining the change. I have always felt that surge was broken, in that it allowed one HA (JH) to remove any advantage the other HA's possesed. The JH is the most powerful weapon in CQB. MCGs & Lashers are given a standoff ability to counter this. The use of surge effectively nullified that counter, thus allowing the JH to be the most powerful in all circumstances. That is out of balance, and judging Sporks comments, another reason for the change.

The effect of the change on the JH is minimal if used as designed. Your there to kill in close quarters. Other weapons are designed to suppress/defend against enemies at range. The JH just needs to wait until the MCG/Lasher is within his range to win. The MCG/Lasher needs to win at range or use other weapons to suppress/defend before they get to CQB. However, the JH user still retains a potent game feature that gives him the upper hand, 3rd person view. With it, he can safely wait around a corner for a MCG/Lasher to come into range, then kill them by surprise. As to boomer runs, those will still be effecitve without surge.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.