PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Upcomming Surge Changes!
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-15, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Rexo is hardly "super speed" and Infiltrators having "potent weapons"? rofl Of course this comes from the makers of such winners as Lasher 2.0 and Lasher 3.0 so oh well

I have agreed since the beginning that Agile/Standard and surge was a problem but a wholesale nerf to the Surge implant is bullshit and trying to spin it any other way is a mistake. Attempting to pretend at this juncture that Surge was never meant to be used for offense is just comical. Just be honest and say you cant fix the code or that you want to change the game after its been out a year and dont really give a shit what anyone thinks, but at least dont insult our intelligence in the process heh

I am sure you have all read this quote from Smokejumper by now: BTW...to be official...we don't consider the "Surge+HA+Agile" to be an "exploit". We consider it to be clever use of existing game rules

Sure they can change thier minds I suppose, but dont even try to suggest that Surge was never meant for offense or that using surge on offense is an exploit. Warping on purpose is the exploit and you cant do it at will w/out jumping

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2004-03-15 at 05:32 PM.