PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Upcomming Surge Changes!
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-16, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #174
oddfish
Colonel

The only thing i'm going to say is this. Removing the surge+gun capability is a very sensible move. It will work.

Those who say that warping is not a problem, or that if one cannot hit some guy in surge who's zapping about the screen disappearing and reappearing like Harry frickin' Houdini is a lousy FPS player and just sucks and needs to quit being such a n00b, need to realize a few things.

The fact is, that you can't tell me that exploiting an obvious flaw with the game is okay and should be recognized as an okay way to play. Now, Oxo is saying that there are other ways to go about fixing the problem, but what he's not realizing is that the devs have probably looked at many different ways to fix the problem and have decided that this is the most efficient and most applicable one. It's broad and effects all of the PS players.

The argument that surging and gunning is part of the game and shouldn't be nerfed just because a few people are bitching is not a valid one to the slightest degree. Surgiles cause warping, warping is a glitch, not a tactic. No one on any battlefield in PS should have to work around a glitch. If warping did not happen, i would see no need to fix the surgile problem, but it does. TR Maxes who have to deal with surgiles zipping up and devastatoring them into oblivion would have nothing to bitch about if they could see the surgiles the whole time they made their skittering little way up to their suits. But when the guys 50 meters away, then 7 and you didn't see him take a single step then there's a problem.

Tactics in a game should be based on the options the game has provided, not a lack of server strength has provided. Warping is not a tactic, and since surgiles running around with guns blazing is causing the warping then it is clear that surge gunning is not a viable tactic. There might as well be a fukking wall hack in this game. Anyways, I know Oxo or some Surgeopath will flame the hell out of me for this, or try to rebut with some type of pro-surgile argument but I'm to the point where I'm done listening. The fact that this thread is this long to begin with is ridiculous.

There was a problem, the devs fixed it the best they could. If you don't like it, you can take your 13 a month and cram it up your ass, cuz your complaints are unfounded and unwelcome if all they are are the same "waaaaaaaaa, i want to be able to QUAKE THREE everyone and i CAN'T ANYMORE," bullshit i've been reading so far. I've been playing for a while now and I've come across numerous players who use this surgile tactic. It reminded me of the ridiculous zapping around of Quake 3 deathmatches of old and it was driving me insane. PlanetSide is NOT Quake 3 and should't resemble it in any way. To those who think that applying UT and Quake tactics to a game like this, all I have to say is: for shame..